This is a really tasty dish and was a runner up in the Lobster Chef competition at Bugfest 2012. Be careful – apparently the reason it didn’t win was because there was too much cilantro, so unless you love it like me, you might want to take it easy on the cilantro. Enjoy!
- 2 spiny lobster tails
- Corn tortillas
- I stick of butter room temperature
- 1 shallot, chopped
- I clove garlic, chopped
- 1 dash hot sauce (Cholula)
- ½ bunch Fresh cilantro
- Grape tomatoes for garnish
- 6 key limes, juiced (extra for ganish)
- 1 fresh jalepeno, thinly sliced
- ¼ head white cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. cider vinigar
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Prepare avocado cream by mixing avocado, sour cream, and 1 tbsp. lime juice. Mix well until smooth, refrigerate.
- In a small bowl blend butter, shallots, ¼ bunch of chopped cilantro and juice of 3 limes.
- Toss cabbage with olive oil, cider vinegar, remaining lime juice, salt and pepper
- Butterfly lobster tails, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place tails on grill cut side down for 5 minutes.
- Turn lobsters over and coat with key lime herb butter. Cook for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of herb butter in fry pan and heat tortillas for a few minutes covered.
- Remove lobsters from heat, coat with more butter and chop into chunks.
- Prepare taco by laying tortilla butter side up on plate. Top with cabbage slaw, lobster chunks, avocado cream, jalapeno slices and fresh cilantro.
- Garnish plate with avocado cream, grape tomatoes, key lime twists and cilantro.
- Enjoy with cold beer or margaritas
More lobster recipes: