This Seafood Potato Bake is a tasty dish that seafood lovers will thoroughly enjoy! It can be served as an entrée or a delicious side dish. It is also a great option when you are short on time since it can be ready in less than an hour. This easy version is made with readily available frozen crab and shrimp. However, if you have more time and access to local stone crab and/or pink shrimp then go for it!
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp seasoned pepper
- 2 cups milk or light cream
- 1 – 6oz. pkg. frozen Wakefield Alaska Crab Meat and Shrimp, thawed
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp diced pimento
- 1 Tbsp sherry
- 6 servings prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté the celery and onions in butter.
- Add flour, salt and seasoned pepper, cook until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk, cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in crab meat and shrimp, pimento, eggs and sherry, remove from heat.
- Line a well buttered, shallow 2 quart baking dish with potatoes. Pour sauce mixture in center, Top with cheese and bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings. Enjoy!