This refreshing salad takes advantage of the fresh, summertime flavor of an all time favorite of mine – Watermelon! While the ingredients might not seem to make sense, I found this salad to be an explosion of sweet, fresh, salty and savory all in the same bite! I love Arugula with this salad, but have substituted it with Spring Mix. It’s still delicious, but you miss out a bit on that peppery taste of the Arugula. Serve this with steaks, chicken, or seafood on the grill for a real summertime treat!
- 5-7 oz container of Arugula (Spring Mix or other bitter greens can be used)
- 3 cups of seedless watermelon, cut in bite sized pieces and chilled
- ½ cup of plain, crumbled feta cheese (I have also used the basil/sun-dried tomato version)
- ¼ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 ½ Tablespoons of Basalmic Vinegar
- 2 ½ Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Kosher or Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the Arugula (or other salad greens if not using Arugula)
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl
- Add the Watermelon, feta, onion and cherry tomatoes and toss well with the dressing.
- Lastly, add the Arugula and toss lightly.
This will serve 4 as a side dish or 2 as a main course. Enjoy!