According to a report by Livability.com and data collected by the Martin Prosperity Institute and Ipsos Public Affairs, Fort Lauderdale, FL is listed as number 24 on the list of “Top 100 Best Places to Live” in the nation. Cities were ranked based on 8 pillars of livability including economy, demographics, health care, amenities and housing.
For those of us who live in Fort Lauderdale this is certainly no surprise. We have watched our magical city grow and prosper through good times and bad. We have experienced a miraculous transformation from “Spring Break Central” to the beautiful “Venice of America” we know and love today. The secret is out. Fort Lauderdale is a diverse community in a convenient location with fantastic amenities, a solid infrastructure and some of the best beaches in world.
Some of Fort Lauderdale’s other awards and accolades:
- All America City Diversity Award – Fort Lauderdale was selected over 20 other communities for extraordinary and innovative success in advancing diversity and inclusiveness.
- Top 10 Small American Cities of the Future – fDi Magazine ranked Fort Lauderdale as seventh best for economic potential.
- Named Most Outstanding Green Government for implementing progressive initiatives and demonstrating an overall commitment to sustainability by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
- Yahoo Travel’s #2 Best Beach Getaway!
More information about Fort Lauderdale:
- Fort Lauderdale Community and Real Estate Information
- City of Fort Lauderdale Web Site
- 2013 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- More about Fort Lauderdale in Livability.com’s Top 100 Best Places to Live