The Best Lobster Mini Season Event Starts This Weekend
Spiny Lobster Mini Season is almost here and that means it is time for Bugfest, Florida’s premiere mini season event. If you like eating spiny lobster, catching spiny lobster, scuba diving, snorkeling or just having a good time then this event is for you. Join us for our Bugfest Kickoff Party on Saturday, July 25th at the pavilion by Anglins pier to find out more about the week long festival.
More highlights from Bugfest By The Sea:
- Shadow Divers Presentation with John Chatterton 7:00 PM Friday July 24th at Jarvis Hall
- Catching the Bug Seminar w/Chiefy 4:30 to 6:30 PM Saturday July 25th at Jarvis Hall
- Bugfest Kickoff Party 7:00 to 9:00 PM Saturday July 25th at the Commercial Pavilion (Commercial Blvd. and the beach)
- Free Beach Diving Clinic with Gold Coast Scuba 8:00 to 10:30 AM Sunday July 26th at Datura Avenue Beach Portal
- Fish ID Seminar 7:00 to 8:30 PM Monday July 27th at Jarvis Hall
- Final Signup for Great Florida Bug Hunt – 6:00 to 7:00 PM Tuesday July 28th at El Prado Park
- LOBSTER MINI SEASON – Wednesday July 29th and Thursday July 30th
- Lobster Chef Competition – 6:00 to 8:00 PM Thursday July 30th at Commercial Pavilion Ocean Plaza
- Bugfest Photo Contest Presentation – 4:00 to 6:00 PM Friday July 31st at Jarvis Hall
- Lobster Cookout with Lenore Nolan-Ryan – 7:00 to 9:30 PM Friday July 31st at El Prado Park
- SOS Family Fun Day – 9:00 to 11:30 AM Saturday August 1st at El Prado Park
- Scuba Cowboy Concert and BBQ – 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM August 1st at El Prado Park
For more information about Diving and Snorkeling in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea visit our diving page and watch the television interview with ScubaNation’s Billy C and Rich Barnhart of By The Sea Realty.