This is a follow up to my blog about My Top Ten Dog Friendly Condos. The Fort Lauderdale area has quite a few buildings that will gladly allow your furry friend to live with you, but it is more difficult to find condo buildings that will accept larger dogs. Even when you do find one, there may be breed restrictions and/or weight restrictions. I love big dogs! They make great companions and are a much loved part of any family. Unfortunately some associations have implemented pet size restrictions over the years. The good news is that we maintain a current list of pet restrictions for many of the condos in our market. Here are my top 10 condos that allow larger dogs.
Top 10 Condo Associations for Dogs of All Sizes
- Las Olas Beach Club is located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale Beach. If you and your large furry friend like to be where the action is then this is the condo for you. If your dog requires more exercise then the dog beach and Birch State Park are just a mile up the road. Las Olas Beach Club
- Harbourage Place is a hi-rise luxury condominium building located in Fort Lauderdale’s South Beach neighborhood. This association allow 2 dogs any size. Harbourage Place
- Casamar and its sister building Solemar are new luxury buildings located on A1A in Pompano Beach just a few blocks south of the 14th St Causeway. Both buildings allow larger dogs, however they do have breed restrictions. Casamar & Solemar
- Ritz Carlton Residences is located just south of Atlantic Blvd in Pompano Beach. This exclusive owners only luxury resort property includes 2 towers, “The Beach Tower” and “The Marina Tower”. They do allow larger dogs and even offer dog walking as an amenity. Ritz Carlton Residences
- Ocean Place is located on A1A in Lauderdale By The Sea about a mile north of Commercial Boulevard, directly on the sand in a beautiful, well maintained building. They allow 2 large dogs per unit here! Ocean Place
- Auberge is located on Fort Lauderdale Beach South of Oakland Park Blvd. TRUE LUXURY RESORT LIVING. Bring your pups of any size to live here with you. You may even score a mini “splash” pool on your balcony! Auberge
- Villas By The Sea is located in Lauderdale By The Sea on El Mar Drive, with direct ocean views and just steps away from all the town has to offer. Villas allows 2 large dogs per unit, which is great because not many condos allow big pups! Villas By The Sea
- L’Hermitage is a large resort-style condo complex on the south end of Galt Ocean Mile in Fort Lauderdale. This resort style complex offers 2 pools, tennis courts, endless common areas, 24 hour security, valet, concierge, a poolside café and a full service spa. L’Hermitage
- Jackson Tower is a luxury high-rise condominium located just off Las Olas Boulevard between the ocean and the Intracoastal waterway, just steps from Fort Lauderdale Beach. Jackson Tower allows 2 dogs of any size. Jackson Tower
- The Palms – The twin towers of the Palms are both dog friendly, but only the north tower allows dogs of any size. The south tower is restricted to pups 35 pounds or less. Living at The Palms is like staying at a 5-star resort. The ammenities are amazing. Your dog will love it! The Palms
Finding the right condo for you and your furry friends can be a challenge. While this list is a good start, there are many more options for dog owners and your best bet is to team up with a dog loving Realtor who knows condos.
Check out all of the Dog Friendly Condos in the Fort Lauderdale area.