Everybody has a dog these days; there are even statistics that show people prefer living with dogs over living with other humans. Unfortunately, if you have one, condo living on the beach can be a challenge. Lucky for us in the Pompano, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and Fort Lauderdale Beach area we have quite a few to choose from. With that said, each condo has it’s own rules for our four legged residents, but some also have some great perks! I’ve compiled a list of my favorites with all the details.
MY TOP 10 LIST:
- Villas By The Sea is located in Lauderdale By The Sea on El Mar Drive, with direct ocean views and just steps away from all the town has to offer. Villas allows 2 large dogs per unit, which is great because not many condos allow big pups! Villas By The Sea
- Sea Ranch Club is located in Lauderdale By The Sea at the very north end of El Mar Drive across from the Publix Shopping Center. Per association policy they allow 2 small dogs (under 20lbs) per unit. Be ready to carry your pups or grab a doggie stroller as they are not allowed to walk through the interior hallways and lobby. But they do have a perk, they get there very own dog park on premises to be off leash and run around! Sea Ranch Club
- Pilot House is just over the bridge from Lauderdale-by-the-Sea on the Intracoastal waterway with amazing views of the Intracoastal, ocean and local area. This building allows 2 dogs under 25lbs per unit. Your pups will enjoy walking over the bridge to the Lauderdale-by-the-Sea square for some live music and libations. Pilot House also has dockage for your boat. Pilot House Condo
- Royal Mariner is located on the west side of the Intracoastal south of Commercial Boulevard, also a short walk from Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. They allow small pets under 15lbs each. This is another place you and your pup can enjoy a stroll over the bridge to the beach! Royal Mariner
- Ocean Place is located on A1A in Lauderdale By The Sea about a mile north of Commercial Boulevard, directly on the sand in a beautiful, well maintained building. They allow 2 large dogs per unit here! Ocean Place
- Aquazul is also located on A1A in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea about a mile north of Commercial Blvd., just a couple of buildings down from Ocean Place. You may bring your dogs of any size and this one has a dog park! Score! Aquazul
- Auberge is located on Fort Lauderdale Beach South of Oakland Park Blvd. TRUE LUXURY RESORT LIVING. Bring your pups of any size to live here with you. You may even score a mini “splash” pool on your balcony! Auberge
- Gale Residences Located on N Birch Road in Central Beach, Fort Lauderdale, close to everything Fort Lauderdale Beach has to offer. Bring 2 dogs any size and enjoy Dog Beaches and Brews down the street the last Friday of every month! Gale
- Aquamarine A newer Pompano Beach building built in 2008, Aquamarine is happy to welcome your four legged friends under 20lbs and also has boat slips for your other best friend. Aquamarine
- Plaza at Oceanside This is the ideal location in Pompano Beach right on Atlantic Blvd. and A1A. Bring your small or large dogs here and you can walk across the street to the new pompano pier and enjoy some live music on the beach a few times a month! Plaza at Oceanside
Do you have a large dog? Check out my blog post Best Condos for Dogs of all Sizes
Browse all of the Dog Friendly Condos in the Fort Lauderdale area.